- VP-9000 VariPhrase processor
The first unit equipped with “VariPhrase,” a groundbreaking technology for independently controlling the three elements of sound in real time
- Roland DG Corporation is listed in the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Hamamatsu R&D Center is expanded
- Production company is established in China
- Roland Music Studios Corporation (presently Roland Music School) launches music schools nationwide
- DV-7 Digital video workstation
Designed specially for video editing, the system let users achieve highquality video production
- Roland DG Corporation is listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- V-Bass V-Bass system
The world’s first modeling bass that let bassists create a wide variety of tones on a single bass
- “Roland Museum” is completed at the Hamamatsu R&D
- The Planet program is launched in the UK
- V-Synth Synthesizer
Equipped with an advanced VariPhrase and COSM engine, this synthesizer was capable of creating completely new sounds
- Distribution company is established in China
- Fantom-X Synthesizer
World’s first workstation synthesizer with color LCD
- Sales partners in Europe are reorganized; France and Belgium are consolidated
- Sales partners in Spain and Portugal are merged under a new company
- Nationwide implementation of the Roland Planet program begins in Japan
- V-Accordion Digital accordion
World’s first electronic accordion equipped with a modeling sound generator
- Sales partner is established in Malaysia
- CG-8 Visual synthesizer
This unit allowed users to create a variety of videos and visual effects in an instant and present them in real-time
- Headquarters is moved to Hosoe-cho, Hamamatsu (presently Hosoecho, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu)
- Sales partner of professional audio and video equipment is established in the USA
- Atelier Vision Corporation is established
- Realtime 301 Project is launched
- Roland DG’s Miyakoda office is completed
- R-09 Portable recorder
This product created a new market for linear PCM recorders and became a worldwide hit
- Nationwide implementation of the Roland Foresta program begins in Japan
- Sales partner is established in China
- Established “Hamamatsu Electronic Arts Award” by Roland Foundation
- V-Mixing System Digital mixing system
With full digital processing based on Roland’s proprietary REAC* technology, this system provided both “comfort” and “high-quality” digital audio transfer for mixing at concerts and other events
*REAC Roland Ethernet Audio Communication
- Tree planting begins in Indonesia
- Acquires additional shares in a US music-production software-development company; the company becomes a part of the Roland group
- V-LINK standard is proposed for connecting electronic musical instruments and video equipment, and is released to the industry free of charge
- C-30 Digital harpsichord
This digital harpsichord encased in a beautiful cabinet delivers authentic tone infused with sophisticated control and expression ̶ a brilliant rebirth of the harpsichord in the modern age
- Nationwide implementation of the Planet X program begins in Japan
- Roland DG’s Miyakoda office is expanded
- SONAR V-Studio 700 Music-production system
This music-production system combines Cakewalk’s softwaredevelopment capabilities and Roland’s hardware technologies
- V-Piano Digital piano
Equipped with a new sound generator that digitally reproduces the sound-generating elements of a piano, this revolutionary digital piano expands the possibilities of piano sound and performance
- C-330 Classic Organ
An electronic organ that is compact yet allows you to enjoy the solemn echoes and performances of a full-fledged pipe organ at home.
- Sales partner is established in Russia
- HP307 Digital Piano
Equipped with the SuperNATURAL piano sound source to realize rich and natural tone change and archieve sound and expression power.
- Contributes to establishing MIDI Visual Control as an international specification
- V-Piano Grand Digital Piano
The flagship model of the Roland Piano Digital products, reproducing richer and deeper sound with the sound system and cabinet newly designed to make use of the high expression power of the V-Piano sound source.
- JUPITER-80 Synthesizer
The flagship model of Roland synthesizers that delivers unprecedented natural and rich performance expressions in live performances with its exclusively developed SuperNATURAL tones.
- Europe central warehouse is started operation
- Video Canvas DV-7G Video editor
This tool let users achieve hi-vision video production easily.
- Roland DG Corporation established manufacturing facility in Thailand
- INTEGRA-7 SuperNATURAL Sound Module
Roland's flagship sound module with all of Roland's sound portfolios combined within a single unit.
- M-200i Live Mixing Console
A high quality all-in-one digital mixing console with iPad control capability.
- TE-2/MO-2/DA-2 Compact Pedals
New-generation BOSS compact pedal with innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
- Implementation of "Medium-term Business Plan (FY2014 to FY2016)
- VT-3/TB-3/TR-8 「AIRA」
AIRA is a new series of products designed to meet the evolving needs of today's electronic musicians. First three models were launched at the same time.