“Highly lauded for its programmability and classic analog sound, the Roland JUNO-106 has earned a place in the hearts of synth lovers everywhere.”
A Powerful and Affordable Polysynth
The JUNO-106, released in 1984, was a standard-setting analog polyphonic synthesizer. Following the JUNO-6 and JUNO-60, it was the third and most advanced model in the affordable JUNO series, and the first to incorporate the new MIDI standard. The 106 built on the innovations introduced with its predecessors, offering easy programmability, digitally controlled oscillators, expanded patch memory, a fat-sounding stereo chorus effect, and more.
With its simple synthesis architecture and distinctive sound, the JUNO-106 quickly became a staple of early ‘80s production. In the years since, up-and-coming producers and seasoned veterans alike have become hip to the storied JUNO-106. This classic synth brings new life to any composition, and many top contemporary artists put it high on their list of must-haves.
Plug In Your Own JUNO-106
Roland Cloud is the only authentic software resource for the true JUNO-106 sound. While the original hardware version is scarce, expensive, and in need of frequent tune-ups, our plug-in is always ready to play, whenever you need it. There are some great feature enhancements too, which are only available in the virtual instrument:
- Available polyphony increased to eight (or keep it old school and limit it to six or less)
- Condition knob to adjust the age characteristics of the virtual hardware
- Two fully adjustable envelopes
- Famous JUNO chorus, plus modern reverb and tempo-syncing delay
- Onboard tempo-syncing arpeggiator
- All new modern presets in addition to classic and original factory tones
- Multiple skins including classic and SYSTEM-8 layouts in light and dark
- PLUG-OUT compatibility with the SYSTEM-8 hardware synth
- Pre-mapped for one-to-one control from the SYSTEM-8, JU-06, and JU-06A hardware
The JUNO-106 also supports our PLUG-OUT format for extended operation with Roland’s SYSTEM-8 hardware synth. Parameters are automatically mapped to the SYSTEM-8’s controls, giving you a full-featured JUNO-106 you can take to the stage without a computer. It's also possible to use the SYSTEM-8 or a Roland Boutique JU-06/JU-06A for one-to-one, hands-on control of the JUNO-106 software plug-in.
Join Roland Cloud today and gain access to the fabled JUNO-106 along with many other revered Roland instruments. Love the JUNO-106? Check out the JUPITER-8 and learn why this monster synth truly is the king of planets!