- VP-9000 VariPhrase Processor
The first unit equipped with “VariPhrase,” a groundbreaking technology for independently controlling the three elements of sound in real time
- Hamamatsu R&D Center is expanded
- Production company is established in China
- Roland Music Studios Corporation (presently Roland Music School) launches music schools nationwide
- DV-7 Digital Video Workstation
Designed specially for video editing, the system let users achieve highquality video production
- “Roland Museum” is completed at the Hamamatsu R&D
- The Planet program is launched in the UK
- V-Bass V-Bass System
The world’s first modeling bass let bassists create a wide variety of tones on a single bass.
- Distribution company is established in China
- V-Synth Synthesizer
Equipped with an advanced VariPhrase and COSM engine, this synthesizer was capable of creating completely new sounds
- Sales partners in Europe are reorganized; France and Belgium are consolidated
- Sales partners in Spain and Portugal are merged under a new company
- Nationwide implementation of the Roland Planet program begins in Japan
- Fantom-X Synthesizer
The world’s first workstation synthesizer with a color LCD
- V-Accordion Digital Accordion
The world’s first electronic accordion equipped with a modeling sound generator.
- Sales partner is established in Malaysia
- Headquarters is moved to Hosoe-cho, Hamamatsu (presently Hosoecho, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu)
- Sales partner of professional audio and video equipment is established in the USA
- CG-8 Visual Synthesizer
This unit allowed users to create a variety of videos and visual effects in an instant and present them in real-time
- Nationwide implementation of the Roland Foresta program begins in Japan
- R-09 Portable Recorder
This product created a new market for handheld linear PCM recorders and became a worldwide hit.
- Sales partner is established in China
- V-Mixing System Digital Mixing System
With full digital processing based on Roland’s proprietary REAC* technology, this system provided both “comfort” and “high-quality” digital audio transfer for mixing at concerts and other events
*REAC — Roland Ethernet Audio Communication
- Acquires additional shares in a US music-production software-development company; the company becomes a part of the Roland group
- Nationwide implementation of the Planet X program begins in Japan
- C-30 Digital Harpsichord
Digital Harpsichord Encased in a beautiful cabinet, this digital harpsichord delivers authentic tone infused with sophisticated control and expression—a brilliant rebirth of the harpsichord in the modern age.
- Sales partner is established in Russia
- SONAR V-Studio 700 Music-Production System
This music-production system combines Cakewalk’s softwaredevelopment capabilities and Roland’s hardware technologies
- V-Piano Digital Piano
Equipped with a new sound generator that digitally reproduces the sound-generating elements of a piano, this revolutionary digital piano expands the possibilities of piano sound and performance
- C-330 Classic Organ
An electronic organ that is compact yet allows you to enjoy the solemn echoes and performances of a full-fledged pipe organ at home.
- HP307 Digital Piano
Equipped with the SuperNATURAL piano sound source to realize rich and natural tone change and archieve sound and expression power.
- Europe central warehouse is started operation
- V-Piano Grand Digital Piano
The flagship model of Roland’s digital piano line incorporates the superb expressive power of the V-Piano sound engine.
- JUPITER-80 Synthesizer
The flagship model of Roland synthesizers that delivers unprecedented natural and rich performance expressions in live performances with its exclusively developed SuperNATURAL tones.
- Video Canvas DV-7G Video Editor
This tool let users achieve hi-vision video production easily.
- INTEGRA-7 Sound Module
This flagship sound module offers all of Roland’s sound libraries combined within a single unit.
- Implementation of "Medium-term Business Plan (FY2014 to FY2016)
- M-200i Live Mixing Console
A pro-quality, all-in-one digital mixing console with iPad* control capability.
- TE-2/MO-2/DA-2 Compact Pedals
New-generation BOSS compact pedal with innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
- Delisted from the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Regional headquarters in Europe is established in UK
- Production company is established in Malaysia
- FA-08 Synthesizer
A synthesizer workstation with effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow, and maximum versatility.
- VT-3/TB-3/TR-8 「AIRA」
A new series of products designed to meet the evolving needs of today's electronic musicians. AIRA brings genre-defining sounds and modern performance features to a new generation.
- JD-Xi Synthesizer
Compact and powerful Interactive Analog/Digital crossover synthesizer with onboard pattern sequencer and vocal FX.
- ELCajon EC-10 Electronic Percussion
The world’s first hybrid cajon with built-in electronic sounds.