Roland Manufacturer's Warranty (NZ)
This warranty is offered by Roland Corporation, represented in New Zealand by MusicNZ Ltd,(hereinafter termed “MNZ”) and is subject to the Warranty Terms and Conditions below. The manufacturer guarantees that:
- goods are of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer; and
- will be reasonably fit for the purpose the consumer - or supplier – specified.
- the description of goods (for example, in a catalogue or television commercial) is accurate
- goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided
- no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances; goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances; and
- they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase
Warranty Terms and Conditions
1. This Warranty is extended to the original purchaser only and is NOT transferable to subsequent owners;
2. Proof of Purchase is a condition precedent to Warranty coverage;
3. All matters involving this Warranty and its applications MUST be referred to the MNZ in the first instance. Under no circumstances will the Manufacturer deal directly with any matter involving the warranty of any equipment. The goods will then be forwarded to Roland’s authorised service centre in Auckland. Freight both to, and from, this
location may be the responsibility of the purchaser[5(i)]
4. Coverage Period: NEW items are covered by a full Twelve (12) month warranty subject to the limitations contained in the Warranty. Exceptions for this are:
Manufacturer's Warranty on Boss Compact Pedals and Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards
Roland offers an additional warranty on Boss Compact Pedals and Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards.Please note that this is in addition to rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Click HERE to read the Five (5) Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Boss Compact Pedals
Click HERE to read the Ten (10) Year Manufacturer's Warranty on selected? Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards
Click HERE to read the Five (5) Year Manufacturer's Warranty on selected? Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards
Discontinued Roland product at time of sale will attract a 12 month warranty period, regardless of model.
NB: Where the buyer is acquiring the product for the purpose of business then the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply. “Business” includes any performance of a public nature whether paid or otherwise and includes, but is not limited to, schools, churches, institutions, working musicians, installations, hospitality, studios. This exclusion also applies for goods purchased for resale or use in repairs.
5.Warranty Does NOT cover:
i. Transportation costs or damage that may occur during shipping. Shipment of the Goods to the Vendor, or designated service agent, is the responsibility of the Purchaser and should be fully insured
ii. Strings, tonal characteristics, normal wear and tear, damage to the finish for any reason
iii. Damage or deterioration of the product resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal service or handling or neglect
iv. Product that has been modified or altered in any way, nor any product whose serial number has been modified, altered or is illegible
v. damage caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than MNZ or an authorized Service Agent within NZ.
vi. battery leakage or failure;
vii. damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product;
viii. Replacement components, or repaired assemblies, installed under the terms of the warranty are warranted only for the remaining portion of the original warranty (Valves, meters and crossfaders, in new equipment, are excluded from this warranty and are covered by a Ninety (90) day limited warranty; excepting where the item is used and no warranty applies)
6.Limitations to Vendor Liability:
Under NO circumstances will the Vendor be liable for
i. In no event shall MNZ be liable for any indirect, incidental, collateral, exemplary, punitive, consequential or special damages or losses arising out of your purchase of products and/or out of this warranty, including without limitation, loss of use, profits, goodwill or savings or loss of data, music, electronic files, or programs that have been stored by a user of the product even if MNZ, or their authorised agent, has been advised of the possibility of such damages or claims and / or
ii. ii. Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise, excepting damages / claims that may not be excluded under applicable law.
7. No other warranties, either express or implied by law, are made with respect to these goods, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and are limited in duration to the length of this warranty, except to the extent to which relevant legislation applies to the sale of this product and the rights thereby conferred are incapable of exclusion.
8. The Vendor’s liability, for any product deemed to be defective, is limited to repair or replacement of the product, except as otherwise provided for .
9. Users who wish to service their own units, do so at their own risk: This will void any warranty, express or implied.
Force Majeure MNZ shall not be liable to the purchaser for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of, or in connection with, any delay in delivery of the goods, or failure to perform any term of this contract where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or facilities and accidents, interruptions of, or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond MNZ’s control.
MNZ will repair or replace this product at its sole option at no charge to customer for parts or labour in accordance with stated warranty terms, provided the Authorised Service Agent is able to duplicate the defect or problem at its facilities.
MNZ reserves the right to charge for repairs submitted “under warranty” but found to have no fault, accidental damage, misuse, alteration or any of the exclusions noted above. These will be repaired at the customer’s cost, and without estimate, up to a maximum of $150 + GST; freight, handling, insurance and incidental costs incurred during this service will also be charged additionally.
This Warranty does not limit any conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies implied by relevant legislation in NZ, except to the extent permitted by such legislation
(* All Warranty Terms and Conditions only apply to goods sourced within NZ. See “Consumer Warning” section of this website for more information.)
Making a Claim
To make a claim under this warranty, or for any questions, the customer must contact either the MNZ Roland distributor from which the products were purchased, or MNZ:
Music NZ Ltd
Contact: Daryl Cogger
PO Box 132-015 Sylvia Park
Mt Wellington 1644
When making a claim under this warranty you are required (at your expense) to return the Goods to that Roland authorised service agent and to collect it. When the Goods are delivered to that Roland authorised service agent you are required to provide us with proof of purchase which details the purchase date, Goods serial number and the identity of the authorised dealer. Upon delivery to the Roland authorised service agent, we will organise for the Goods to be assessed to determine (at our discretion) if the alleged defect is covered under warranty. The Roland authorised service agent will advise you by telephone, email, or in writing, whether the alleged defect is covered by warranty. Any and all defects covered by warranty will be scheduled for repair or replacement (at our option excepting as noted under relevant legislation) and undertaken within a reasonable period of time, depending upon the availability of replacement parts, components and appropriate persons to undertake the work.
Full details of your consumer rights may be found HERE