RD-800 System Update Version 1.04
This system program updates your RD-800 to the latest version 1.04.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your RD-800.
- Hold down [ DEC ] and [ INC ] and switch on the power to the unit.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.04 or later), there’s no need to update your RD-800.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
[ Ver.1.04 ]
- A numeric-keypad input function was added to Tone selection and Live Set selection.
For the operation procedures, refer to "Operation Guide --- Selecting Sounds (Tone/Live Set)" in the Owner's Manual or the last "Supplementary file" entry, "RD-800 Version 1.04 Supplementary Manual" in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
- Support was added for the ONKYO UWF-1 Wireless USB Network Adapter.
The following bugs were fixed.
- In Tone number 0367, "PizzicatoStr," the notes in some keyboard ranges were played as monaural sounds.
- In the respective effect parameters for Modulation FX, Tremolo/Amp Simulator, and Delay, when syncing to rhythm tempo, increasing the tempo resulted in sudden slowing of synced tempo.
- When making a USB MIDI connection to the RD-800 using RD Driver, selecting the "Reduce computer load" check box in the setup dialog box on the computer made correct connection impossible.
- When making a USB MIDI connection to the RD-800 using RD Driver, correct connection was impossible in some Windows 8.1 computer environments.
[ Ver.1.03 ]
- Internal processing has been improved.
* There is no change affecting the product specification.
[ Ver.1.02 ]
The following bugs were fixed.
- The volume balance between the percussion sound and the sound of the harmonic bars might not be adjusted properly depending on the set values (Soft/Normal) of Percussion Volume for a TW-Organ sound.
- When a TW-Organ sound is used in multiple layers and the tone is switched, you might not be able to adjust the volume of the TW-Organ sound.
- Sympathetic Resonance might not work in a layer (LOWER).
- When a rhythm is switched, MIDI data such as a program number and Bank Select is transmitted.
- When CC1 (User Control Change 1 Number) or CC2 (User Control Change 2 Number) is switched on the MIDI Control screen, control change messages are transmitted.
- When "ALL" is selected to copy all Live Set files using the Live Set File Copy function and another Live Set file with the same name as any of the copy sources exists in the copy destination, the file is overwritten without confirmation.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
What you will need to update your RD-800
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a RD-800.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you back up to a USB memory before you perform the update although RD-800 keeps the data with normal updating.
Refer to the following section from the Owner's Manual for the detailed procedure.
- Saving System Settings
- Saving the Sound Settings in a Live Set (Live Set Write)
- Copying a Live Set File (Live Set File Copy)
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the RD-800. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your RD-800 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the RD-800 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "rd800_sys_v104.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "rd800_sys_v104" folder.
Procedure for the update
Creating the Update USB Memory
- Copy update files R055_UPA.BIN to the root directory of a USB Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB memory device into the USB MEMORY/WLAN ADAPTOR connector.
- Hold down [ WRITE ] and switch on the power to the unit.
The message "start update." appears and the update starts.
When the message " update finished. " appears, the system update has finished.
* You will take about two minutes to update.
* Never switch off the power or detach the USB memory device until the message " update finished. " appears. Doing so may damage the unit.
- Switch off the unit and detach the USB memory device.