QUAD-CAPTURE System Update Version 1.04
This system program updates your QUAD-CAPTURE to the latest version 104.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your QUAD-CAPTURE.
Check the version from "QUAD-CAPTURE Control Panel" on the personal computer.
Check that the QUAD-CAPTURE driver is installed in your personal computer.
- Connect the QUAD-CAPTURE to the personal computer.
- Start "QUAD-CAPTURE Control Panel" following the procedure below.
[ Windows ]
Open [Control Panel] and double-click [QUAD-CAPTURE].
[ Mac ]
* If the [QUAD-CAPTURE] icon does not exist, switch the display format to "Icon view" (Windows 8, Windows 7) or "Classic view" (Windows Vista, Windows XP).
Open the [Application] folder and double-click [QUAD-CAPTURE Control Panel].
- Select [Device setting] from the [Device] menu in "QUAD-CAPTURE Control Panel".
- Check the version of MAIN displayed in "Version" on the device setting screen
* Version 1.04 or later does not require this update.
- Click [OK] ([Close] for Mac) to exit the window.
- Close "QUAD-CAPTURE Control Panel".
[ Bug Fix ]
The following bug was fixed.
- If the QUAD-CAPTURE is reset after [OFF] is selected in the setting of DIGITAL IN, recording or playing of the audio is disabled.
What you will need to update your QUAD-CAPTURE
- A personal computer which can run the SMF players ("UpdSMF")
- USB Cable
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the QUAD-CAPTURE. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- As long as you follow the procedure, no error occurs during the update with this program. If you fail the update, you can perform the update again.
- Never power-off your QUAD-CAPTURE while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the QUAD-CAPTURE won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "quad_sys_v104.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "quad_sys_v104" folder.
Procedure for the update
Install the unzipped system program to the QUAD-CAPTURE following the procedure below.
* Never turn off your QUAD-CAPTURE while the update is in progress.
- While pressing the [ AUTO-SENS ] button of the QUAD-CAPTURE, connect the QUAD-CAPTURE and personal computer with a USB cable.
USB indicator flashes.
* If the driver is required to be installed, install the driver following the display.
- Double-click "UpdSMF" displayed on the screen to start the UpdSMF.
- Set "MIDI Out Device" to "QUAD-CAPTURE".
- Click [ Path ] (click [ Select... ] for Mac) on "UpdSMF" and specify the location where the update files is from SMF Path (SMF Folder for Mac). Then, click the [ OK ] button.
- Click [ Scan SMF ] (unnecessary for Mac) to check that the update files is displayed in the file list.
- Click Send.
Sending of the update program starts.
After about 1 minute, the update finishes, and [ AUTO-SENS ] button, the PEAK indicator and the USB indicator on the QUAD-CAPTURE flash in alternation.
- Click [ OK ] on the Send SMF/Complete dialog box (the Complete Update dialog box for Mac) of "UpdSMF".
- Click [ Exit ] (click [ Quit ] for Mac) of the "UpdSMF" to exit "UpdSMFJ".
- Remove the USB cable from the QUAD-CAPTURE and turn off the power of the QUAD-CAPTURE.
- Check that the update has succeeded following the "How to know the version".
* If you have failed the update, the QUAD-CAPTURE starts in the update mode, not the normal mode.