OCTA-CAPTURE System Update Version 1.51
This system program updates the OCTA-CAPTURE system program to the latest version 1.51.
Please refer to the document "OCTA-CAPTURE Version 1.5 Functions
(OCTA-CAPTURE_v1.5_Functions_e02_W.pdf)" which describes the update procedure and the Version 1.5 Functions.
When you use the OCTA-CAPTURE Version 1.51, you MUST use the latest driver (Ver.1.5.0 or later).
When you use it with the VS-100/VS-700, you MUST refer to the document "I/O Expansion by using the OCTA-CAPTURE with the VS-100/VS-700
Checking the Version
Before you start, check the system program version of your OCTA-CAPTURE.
When you turn the power on, the system software version is shown in the lower middle of the screen.
* If this shows the latest version, there’s no need to update your OCTA-CAPTURE.
Features of OCTA-CAPTURE Version 1.5
- The control panel is more graphical, allowing intuitive operation.
- The AUTO-SENS function can be operated from the control panel.
- The latency with ASIO has been reduced even further.
- The operating sample rate can be changed from within your DAW application.
[ Ver.1.51 ]
Following bug fixed.
- USB transfer of OCTA-CAPTURE ( UA-1010 ) might stop when it transmits or receives heavy MIDI messages while recording or playing audio.
What you will need to update your OCTA-CAPTURE
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the OCTA-CAPTURE. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your OCTA-CAPTURE while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the OCTA-CAPTURE won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
- Please open/extract the downloaded “octa_sys_v151.zip” file on your computer to get the update files named “UpdOcta.dat” in the “octa_sys_v151” folder.
Procedure for the update
Refer to the "OCTA-CAPTURE Version 1.5 Functions
" ( OCTA-CAPTURE_v1.5_Functions_e02_W.pdf ).