JUPITER-80 System Update Ver.2.11
This is the latest version of operating system for the JUPITER-80.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your JUPITER-80 before downloading the archive file.
- Press [ MENU ] to invoke the menu screen.
- Touch [ System ] to invoke the system setup screen.
- Touch [ INFORMATION ] to invoke the system information screen.
- Touch [ Version ] to invoke the version screen.
The version information screen appears.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.2.11 ]
[ Additional function ]
- Support was added for the ONKYO UWF-1 Wireless USB Network Adapter.
[ Bug Fix ]
The following bug was fixed.
- Playing Note Number 109 or higher in the SuperNATURAL Piano tones sometimes results in system lockup.
[ Ver.2.10 ]
- Available for Roland Wireless Connect ( WNA1100-RL ).
Please refer to the "About the Wireless LAN Function ( JUPITER-80_l_wireless_e01_W.pdf )" for detailed information.
[ Ver.2.00 ]
* Please refer to the "JUPITER-80 Version 2 Supplementary Manual"(JUPITER-80_V200_e01_W.pdf) file for details.
- Updated sounds
The internal Registrations, Live Sets, and Tones have been renovated.
- Registration Play screen added
A newly added screen shows a list of the registrations (for one bank). In version 2, this Registration Play screen will appear after you turn on the power.
* You can return your Jupiter-80 to the behavior in the previous version if you want.
- Low pass filters added
Three new types of low pass filters have been added.
- Multi-effect structures added
Now you can specify how MFX 1 to 4 will be combined.
- Control Surface Plug-in (ACT function) available
If you are using SONAR series, you can easily set up your Jupiter-80 as a SONAR controller through the Control Surface Plug-in provided separately.
You can now import Live Sets and Synth Tones from sound data exported from the JUPITER-50.
- Improved a bender behavior on a slides performance with Guitar and Bass tones of SuperNATURAL Acoustic Tones.
[ Ver.1.10 ]
* Please refer to the "JUPITER-80 Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual"(JUPITER-80_V110_e01_W.pdf) file for details.
- Single Part Play
A registration that is optimal for playing only a single part has been added.
If you select this registration, only a single part will sound; when you select the sound of a different part, the previously selected part will automatically turn off.
- Exporting/Importing Sound Data
Registrations, live sets, and tones (SuperNATURAL Synth Tones only) that you edit on the JUPITER-80 can now be exported to a USB Flash Memory.
From the data exported to a USB Flash Memory, you can also select the desired registrations, live sets, and tones, and import them back into the JUPITER-80.
- Moving or Exchanging Registrations
Registrations saved in the JUPITER-80 can now be moved or reordered.
- Erasing an Arpeggio Style
You can now erase a user arpeggio style.
- USB Driver
In addition to the dedicated JUPITER-80 USB driver, you can now use the default driver provided by the operating system (MIDI only).
- Improved as shown the settings of the "Keyboard Fade Width Lower/Upper" by a diagram in the "Key Range" area on the "Key Range View" screen.
The following bugs were fixed.
- A Trumpet tone might keep on sounding when performing with using the pitch bend in the "Layer Section=ON" setting.
- A SOLO tone might not have effect of the vibrato when switched to another SOLO tone.
- An E.Piano tone might lose the sound suddenly when performing with using the expression pedal.
- It might have exponentially the effect of the modulation lever immediately after turning on.
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- JUPITER-80 itself
- PC to write the updater to the USB Flash Memory
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a JUPITER-80.
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your data to a USB Flash Memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the "Backing Up All Settings to a USB Flash Drive" of the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the JUPITER-80. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your JUPITER-80 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the JUPITER-80 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to download and expand the archive file
Download the file named "jp80_sys_v211.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "jp80_sys_v211" holding the file "jp80_up.bin" will be appeared.
How to update
Please install the system program " jp80_up.bin " to the JUPITER-80 by following the process below.
[ About the new sounds of version 2 ]
The new sounds of version 2 will become available following a factory reset. Please refer to the "JUPITER-80 Version 2 Supplementary Manual" ( JUPITER-80_V200_e01_W.pdf ) for details.
* When you carry out a factory reset, all sound data (Registrations, Live Sets, Tones) saved in the JUPITER-80 will be lost. If you want to keep the sound data that you've been using, make a backup as described in "Backing Up All Settings to a USB Flash Drive" in the owner's manual.
Important notice: Never turn the JUPITER-80 off during the update process, or JUPITER-80 won't reboot correctly any more.
- Copy the update-use file (jp80_up.bin) to the root directory of the USB Flash Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB Flash Memory device to the USB MEMORY connector at the left edge of the Top Panel.
- Hold down the [ TEMPO ] button and switch on the power.
- When the message "Update Mode" appears, release the button.
The update starts.
* The update process takes several minutes to finish. Be sure never to switch off the power before the operation finishes.
- When the message "update finished." is displayed, the operation has finished. (You will take about 6 minutes to update.)
- Switch off the power.
- Detach the USB Flash Memory, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.