FP-80 System Program Version 1.24
This system program updates your FP-80 to the latest version 1.24.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your FP-80.
- Hold down [ + ] and [ - ] and switch on the power to the unit.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.24 or later), there's no need to update your FP-80.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
Update history [ Ver.1.24 ]
[ Ver.1.23 ]
Following bug was fixed.
- Increasing the tempo was impossible when the metronome beat was set to "3/8" while Rhythm was selected (the [ RHYTHM ] button is lit).
[ Ver.1.22 ]
Following bug was fixed.
- At Ver.1.22 of FP-80, the PIANO tone might sound loud than it should be.
[ Ver.1.10 ]
- A "Loading/Saving Piano Setups" function was added.
- Support for the "Piano Designer" Android application was added.
- Support for the "Piano Designer" iOS application was added.
- Piano Designer parameters "Note Volume" and "Note Character" were added.
- Support for the "Piano Partner" iOS application was added.
- Added two functions of "Master Expression" and "Rotary Sw" into "Changing the Function of the Pedal ( Center Pedal Function/Left Pedal Function )"
What you will need to update your FP-80
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a FP-80.
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows ,Mac)
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- Executing an update causes items stored by memory backup and registration settings to be reset to their factory defaults.
* Song data and registration sets saved in internal memory are not lost.
- Refer to the owner's manual to make a note of the settings.
- Items Stored by Memory Backup ( Owner's Manual, p.57 )
- Settings Stored Immediately When Edited ( Owner's Manual, p.57 )
- Refer to the owner's manual to save in internal memory or USB memory device.
- Registration sets saved to buttons ( Owner's Manual, p.37, p.57 )
- Never power-off your FP-80 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the FP-80 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "fp80_sys_v124.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R051_FP80" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing the FP-80 update data ( R051_FP80 ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the FP-80 switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ REC ] and switch on the power to the unit.
Please wait for about ten seconds until displaying "Loading..."
- The update starts. Wait several minutes. When "Completed." is displayed, the operation is finished.
- Detach the USB Memory and switch off the power to the unit.
- Switch on the power to the unit.
- Press [ SONG ] and [ RHYTHM ] at the same time to enter the Function Mode.
- Use [ SLOW ] and [ FAST ] to select Factory Reset.
- Press [ METRONOME ].
- To execute the factory reset, press [ FAST ].
To cancel, press [ SLOW ].
Pressing [ FAST ] executes the factory reset. When the factory reset is finished, the message Power off, then on. is displayed.
* Be very sure never to switch off the power while the message "Executing..." is displayed.
- Reset the power.