F-20 System Program Version 1.02
This system program updates your F-20 to the latest version 1.02.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your F-20.
- Hold down the [ PIANO ] button, [ E.PIANO ] button, and [ OTHER ] button at the same time and turn on the power.
The indicator for the [ RHYTHM ] button flashes, and the indicators for all other buttons light up steadily.
- Press the [ RHYTHM ] button.
If the button indicators are as described below, perform an update.
- [ E.PIANO ] and [ SONG ] light up steadily, [ RHYTHM ] flashes, and all others are dark（ Ver.1.01 ）
* If the button indicators are as described below, no update is required.
- [ E.PIANO ] and [ METRONOME ] light up steadily, [ RHYTHM ] flashes, and all others are dark（ Ver.1.02 ）
- After determining the version, turn off the power to the F-20 without performing any further button operations.
[ Ver.1.02 ]
What you will need to update your F-20
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a F-20.
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows ,Mac)
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- Never power-off your F-20 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the F-20 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "f20_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R057_F20" folder.
Procedure for the update
Please refer to the following procedure to install the extracted system program to your F-20.
Formatting USB Memory
* When you format a USB memory, all data stored in it will be erased.
- Connect the USB Flash memory that you want to format to the USB MEMORY port.
- While holding down the [ SONG ] button, turn the power on. Keep holding down [ SONG ] button for at least six seconds.
The [ OTHER ] button and the [ SPLIT ] button will blink.
* To cancel, press the [ OTHER ] button.
- To execute the format, press the [ SPLIT ] button.
When all indicators from the [ KEY TOUCH ] button to the [ RHYTHM ] button light, the format is complete.
- Turn off the power to the F-20 and detach the USB flash memory.
Never power-off your F-20 while the update is in progress!
- Copy the entire folder containing the F-20 update data ( R057_F20 ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the F-20 switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ METRONOME ] and switch on the power to the unit.
The flashing indicators advance from the [ KEY TOUCH ] button to the [ RHYTHM ] button.
* The update operation takes about 2 minutes.
- When all indicators from the [ KEY TOUCH ] button to the [ RHYTHM ] button flash, the update is complete.
Turn off the power to the F-20 and detach the USB flash memory.