CD-2u System Program Version 1.04
This program updates the CD-2u system software to the latest version.
How to know the version
Please check the version of the system working on your CD-2u before downloading the archive file.
- Connect the AC adaptor (PSB-1U).
- Hold down MENU and press POWER.
The display changes to the view shown below, and "V850 **.** (****)" is displayed in the upper line. (When the display appears, release [ MENU ].)
* If the numerical value to the right of V850 indicates version 01.04 or higher, no update is needed.
|V850 01.01 (0028) |
ESC2 01.00 (0026)
- After verifying the version information, press POWER to switch off the power.
[ Version 1.04 ]
The following bugs were fixed.
- If a forced power-down was carried out at a particular timing, at the next startup, the CD drive became inoperative.
- In some cases, after mixed recording on an SD card (CD → SD), the CD drive became inoperative and the power could not be turned off.
What you will need to update
- AC Adaptor (PSB-1U)
- SD card ( 64 MB or larger)
- A computer with a SD Card Reader/Writer.
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the CD-2u. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- When you update, use an attached AC adaptor as the power source. Never use a battery.
- If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the CD-2u won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "cd2u_sys_v104.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "CD2U_MAIN.UPD" in the "cd2u_sys_v104" folder.
Procedure for the update
Creating the Update Card
- Use a computer with a SD Card Reader/Writer to copy the update files onto the root directory of an SD memory card.
* Do not copy the "cd2u_sys_v104" folder.
* Don't LOCK the SD memory card.
* If you use a commercially available SD card, you must format it on the CD-2u.
* Be careful never to allow the AC adaptor to be disconnected while the update is in progress. Loss of power before the operation finishes can damage the system and make correct operation impossible.
- Make sure the power to the unit is switched off, and insert the SD card just described into the unit.
- Hold down SD CARD and press POWER.
A screen like the one shown below is displayed.
|FLASH UPDATER |
- Press ENTER.
A screen like the one shown below appears, and the system update of Main CPU is started.
- When the update of Main CPU finishes, a screen like the one shown below appears.
|FLASH UPDATER |
Sub CPU Update?
- Press ENTER.
A screen like the one shown below appears, and the system update of Sub CPU is started.
|Sub CUP UPDATER |
- When the update finishes, the following is displayed and all indicators flash.
- Switch off the power to the unit and eject the SD card.