TD-15 System Update Version 1.14
This program is used to update the TD-15 system software to the most recent version.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your TD-15 before downloading the archive file.
- Press [ DRUM KIT ] buttons.
The DRUM KIT screen appears.
- Press [ MENU ] button.
The KIT MENU screen appears.
- Press the cursor button to scroll the screen until the SYSTEM icon appears.
- Press [ F3 ] ( SYSTEM ) button.
The SYSTEM screen will appear.
- Press the cursor buttons to move the cursor to Information.
- Press [ F3 ] ( ENTER ) button.
The version information for the application program is displayed.
- Turn power OFF.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.14 ]
The following bug was fixed.
- On the TD-15 Ver.1.13, when "VH-11/CY-15R" is set for Pad Type, "basic trigger parameters" and "advanced trigger parameters" were not displayed correctly.
[ Ver.1.13 ]
- Added "KT-10" to the Pad Type.
[ Ver.1.11 ]
- Added "BT-1" to the Trigger Type.
The following bugs were fixed.
- After executing the Quick Rec function, it could not write the information of your choke performance to the SMF file auto-saved to a USB memory device.
- The TD-15 hangs up when it receives the MIDI System Exclusive Message which includes huge data in one message.
[ Ver.1.10 ]
- Available for Roland Wireless Connect ( WNA1100-RL ).
Please refer to the "About the Wireless LAN Function ( TD-15_11_l_wireless_e01_W.pdf )" for detailed information.
- Supports for MIDI VISUAL CONTROL protocol.
The following bug was fixed.
- A noise might occur infrequently when changing drum kits or MULTI-FXs.
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- TD-15 itself
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a TD-15.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
How to download and expand the archive file
Download the file named "td15_sys_v114.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "td15_sys_v114" holding the file "TD15TD11.BIN" will appear.
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your data to a USB Flash Memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the "Saving Data to a USB Flash Drive ( Save Backup )" of the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the TD-15. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your TD-15 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the TD-15 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to update
Please install the system program to the TD-15 by following the process below.
Important notice: Never turn the TD-15 off during the update process, or TD-15 won't reboot correctly any more.
- Copy the update file "TD15TD11.BIN" onto the root directory of the USB Flash Memory.
* Do not copy the "td15_sys_v114" folder.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB Flash Memory device to the USB MEMORY connector at the left edge of the Top Panel.
- Hold down [ MENU ] button and turn on the power.
The message "Please Wait..." appears on the screen, and then the update starts.
While the update is in progress, the message "Updating..." is displayed at the center of the screen, along with a number that progressively decreases.
When the message "Update Completed." appears, the update has finished.
- Switch off the power.
- Detach the USB Flash Memory, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.