To keep the hard drive working correctly, you will need to format it on a regular basis. Use the following procedure to format your hard drive.
CAUTION:Formatting the hard drive erases ALL recordings and data on the drive. This includes any installed plug-ins as well. Be sure to back up all of your project data (recordings) and plug-ins to CD/DVD(s) before formatting the drive. The following links will guide you through this:
Backing Up Projects to CD
Backing Up Plug-Ins
1. Press PROJECT.
2. Use the CURSOR arrows to Select "IDE:0".
3. Press PAGE until "FmtDrv" is displayed above F2.
4. Press F2.
5. CURSOR to "Physical Format".
6. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
7. CURSOR to "Surface Scan".
8. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
9. Press F5 [OK].
10. Press ENTER/YES two times.
Note:The amount of time that it takes to format the drive will depend on the size of the drive.