SPD-S: One of the Pads is Changing Patches
If one of the pads is changing patches on your SPD-S, it's because the Control Switch feature has been set to Patch + or -. Here's how to turn it off:
1. Press SETUP so it's lit.
2. Press PAGE right to select "CONTROL SW."
3. Press ENTER.
4. Hit the the pad that's changing the patch.
5. Press the (-) button to select "OFF."
6. If necessary, repeat steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads.
7. Press PATCH when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.