The DR-5 can be synchronized to any MIDI device that transmits MIDI Clock. Use the following procedure to set the DR-5 to External Sync:
1. With a MIDI cable, connect the MIDI OUT of the External device to the MIDI IN of the DR-5.
2. Hold SHIFT and press MIDI.
3. Press the CURSOR Right button to select "Sync."
4. Turn the TEMPO/DATA dial to select "MIDI."
Note: The selected song or pattern in the DR-5 will play only when receiving a "MIDI Clock" message. The external MIDI device determines the tempo and the DR-5 will follow in "sync" when you start or stop the external unit.
5. Hold SHIFT and press SONG or PATTERN to return to the desired mode.