R-70: Using the Multi Set to Record via MIDI
The MULTI set of the R-70 only transmits one note number no matter what pad you
play. When this is played back it results with the same pitch being played
back. There is a way to get around this.
1) Copy a bass sound to 16 different copy instruments
2) Assign these copy instruments to 16 different pads in a pad bank.
3) Change the pitch of these instruments to have the desired pitches.
4) Assign different note numbers to the 16 different pads.
Use the following procedure to copy a bass sound to 16 different copy
1) Press SOUND.
2) Press 2 for Copy.
3) Use the CURSOR LEFT/RIGHT buttons and UP/DOWN ARROWS to select "User 01."
4) Use the CURSOR LEFT/RIGHT buttons and UP/DOWN ARROWS to select the desired
bass sound. Press YES twice.
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 to copy the same bass sound to User Instruments 1-16.
Use the following procedure to Assign these copy instruments to 16 different
pads in a pad bank:
1) Press ASSIGN.
2) Press 1 for Pad Assign.
3) While holding SHIFT, press PAD BANK to choose the Pad Group 1-3.
4) Use the PAD BANK buttons to choose the desired Pad Bank A-F.
5) Press KEY PAD 1.
6) Use the VALUE SLIDER or VALUE UP/DOWN arrows to choose User Instrument 210.
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 to assign User Instruments 210-225 to Key Pad 1-16.
Use the following procedure to change the pitch of the Pads in your new Pad
1) Press SOUND.
2) Press 1 for Edit.
3) Press KEY PAD 1.
4) Use LEFT/RIGHT cursor buttons to select the parameter 'Pitch'.
5) Use the UP/DOWN arrows or VALUE SLIDER to change the Pitch to '-80'.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 to change the pitch of Key Pads 1-16 to values '-80' to
'+70' in increments of '10'. ex. Pad 1=-80, Pad 2=-70, Pad 3=-60, etc...
Follow the procedure in the Help Desk entry entitled 'Assigning Instruments for
use via MIDI to assign different note numbers to the 16 different pads.