From the factory, the HPD-20's Local Control parameter is set to "ON." Here's how to turn Local Control On or Off in the HPD-20:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the cursor right arrow (>) button to highlight the "SYS" icon, and then press ENTER.
3. Press cursor down to highlight "MIDI," and then press ENTER.
4. Press cursor down to choose "Local Control."
5. Press the + or - button to choose the desired setting (ON/OFF).
6. When you're finished, press KIT to return to the main menu. The new setting is saved automatically.