When you perform overdubbing or punch-in/out, the data that you rewrite (replace) actually remains on the memory card so that you may perform the UNDO function. In some cases, this unwanted data may occupy a significant amount of space on the memory card. This will cause the time available for recording to be less than it should be. By performing a “Song Optimize”, you can have the BR-600 erase any unnecessary data on the memory card and increase the unused space. The following steps will guide you through Optimizing a Song in the BR-600.
- Confirm that PAD is not lit, then press UTILITY.
- Use CURSOR buttons to move the cursor to “EDT” and press ENTER.
- Use CURSOR buttons to move the cursor to “OPT and press ENTER.
- Turn the TIME/VALUE dial and select the song to be optimized.
- After selecting the song to optimize, press ENTER. “Are you sure?” appears in the display.
- Press ENTER.
- Press EXIT repeatedly to return to the Play screen.