Before you burn a CD or export a mix to your computer, you must mix down your tracks. This process is called BOUNCING. To BOUNCE, follow these steps:
- Make the song sound like you want it to sound. This means any effects and fader levels should already be set.
- Press REC MODE until BOUNCE appears on the screen.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, the Track Destination will appear (the default is 78V1).
If you want to change it, you can use the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE wheel to do so.
- Press REC+PLAY and let the song play all the way through. When the song is over, press STOP.
Now you can burn a CD using tracks 78V1 (or whatever tracks you selected) or you can export those tracks to your computer.
To hear the BOUNCED tracks:
- Lower the volume of all track faders except for the MASTER fader and track Track 7/8 fader (or whatever track(s) you selected to bounce to on Step 3 above.
- Press the V-TRACK button.
- Press the TRACK button underneath the fader of the track that you BOUNCED to.
This will display the track and the status of it's V-Tracks. Darkened boxes indicate that DATA exists on the V-Track and blank boxes indicate that there is no DATA recorded on that V-Track.
- Turn the TIME/VALUE dial to change the V-Track number of the BOUNCED track. For example, if you BOUNCED to track "7/8V2", select the V-Track 2 here. The cursor position will determine which V-Track will be the current playback track.