Here are the settings required for using the JP-8000 with an external sequencer.
- Local Switch ([MIDI SW]): OFF
- Edit Transmit/Receive Switch ([MIDI SW]): OFF
- Exclusive Receive Switch ([MIDI SW]): ON
- Program Change Transmit/Receive Switch ([MIDI SW]): BANK SEL + PC
- MIDI THRU: ON
1. Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI IN of the JP-8000 to the MIDI OUT of the external sequencer.
2. Place the external sequencer in Record mode.
3. Make sure that the selected part in the JP-8000 has the same MIDI channel as the track in the sequencer.
4. Begin recording in the sequencer.
5. Play the JP-8000.
6. Stop recording on the sequencer once the phrase has been recorded.