DR-770: Specifying FTV/FTO in a User Pattern.
In the DR-770, there are two types of fill patterns; "FTV" (Fill to Variation) and "FTO" (Fill to Original). These fill patterns can be used as "links" that allow one pattern to advance to another. This is referred to as Realtime Pattern Change in the DR-770. To have this feature operate correctly, you must first select and designate a USER pattern to be an original pattern, then assign FTV and FTO patterns within the original. You can then use the RWD and FWD buttons on the DR-770 to trigger the patterns.
1. Select a User pattern that will be considered the "original" pattern.
2. Press REC.
3. Press CURSOR Left (<) once to select "RPC".
4. Turn the VALUE dial to choose "ON"
5. Press CURSOR Left (<) to select "VAR".
6. Turn the VALUE dial to select the pattern that will be the "Variation" Pattern.
7. Press CURSOR Left (<) to select "FTV".
8. Turn the VALUE dial to select the desired "Fill to Variation" pattern.
9. Press CURSOR Left (<) to select "FTO".
10. Turn the VALUE dial to select the desired "Fill to Original" pattern.
11. When finished, press STOP/EXIT.
12. Now, press START to play the original pattern, then press the FWD or BWD buttons to audition "Realtime Pattern Change."