XP-80, XP-60: Creating a Time Signature Change
The XP-60/80 can insert meter changes at different locations within a song. Use the following procedure to create time signatures within a song:
1. Press SEQUENCER.
2. Press F4 [Micro].
3. Press the SOUND LIST/TEMPO BEAT button under the display until "BEAT TRACK" appears in the upper right corner of the display.
NOTE: The TEMPO/BEAT TRACK is specifically designed for independent storage of meter and tempo changes.
4. CURSOR to the upper-left corner of the display.
5. Use the VALUE DIAL to set the desired location for the time signature change.
6. Press F1 [Create].
7. Use the VALUE DIAL to select "BEAT."
8. Press F6 [Execute].
9. Use the CURSOR buttons to select "BEAT=4/4."
10. Use the VALUE DIAL to set the desired meter.
11. Press EXIT to return to the "SEQ. PLAY" Screen.