SPD-SX: Using a Foot Switch
The SPD-SX can accommodate up to two individual external footswitches. This can be a single BOSS FS-5U, two BOSS FS-5U's, or a BOSS FS-6.
Here's how to program a footswitch's function.
1. Press MENU.
2. Cursor to "SYS," and then press ENTER.
3. Cursor to "PAD/FS CTRL," and then press ENTER.
4. Cursor to "FS 1" or "FS 2."
5. Press + or - to select the desired function.
6. When you're one, press EXIT three times to return to the main screen.
Connecting a Single BOSS FS-5U
1. Connect one end of a mono 1/4" cable such as a guitar cable to the FOOT SW 1/2 jack on the back of the SPD-SX.
2. Connect the other end of the cable to the BOSS FS-5U.
Connecting Two BOSS FS-5Us
Use an insert cable that has a 1/4" TRS (stereo) connector on one end, and two 1/4" TS (mono) connectors on the other.
1. Connect the TRS end of the cable to the SPD-SX's FOOT SW 1/2 jack.
2. Connect the 1/4" TS plugs to each of the FS-5Us.
Connecting a BOSS FS-6
1. Connect one end of a standard 1/4" TRS (stereo) cable to the SPD-SX's FOOT SW 1/2 jack.
2. Connect the other end of the TRS cable to the A/B jack of the FS-6.