G-1000: Selecting Melody Intelligence Tones
The G-1000 has a Melody Intelligence function for adding a harmony to the solo
being played by the Upper 1 part. This harmony will be based on the chords
being played in the Arranger section of the keyboard. Use the following
procedure to select the Melody Intelligence Tone:
1) Press TONE.
2) Use the DRUMS PART knob to select "MI" in the upper left corner of the
3) Use the ACCOMP GROUP knob to select a Tone Group.
4) Use the BASS BANK knob to select a Tone Bank.
5) Use the LOWER NUMBER knob to select a Tone Number.
6) Use the UPPER VARIATION knob to select a Tone Variation.
7) Press F5 [Exit] to return to the Master display.
NOTE: "Traditional," "Latin," "CntryBallad," "Octave Type1" and "OctaveType2"
Melody Intelligence Types use only the Upper 1 part. In these cases, the Upper
1 Tone will determine the Melody Intelligence Tone instead of the MI Tone.