You may use the Pitch Shift COSM Effect to change the key of a stereo mix. The following example will guide you through these steps.
Enabling Pitch Shifting
- Press the COSM EFFECTS button so that it illuminates. The EFFECT screen will appear.
- Use the Cursor buttons and data dial to set “BANK” to “LINE”.
- Cursor down to “LOCATION” and then press ENTER.
- Use the data dial to set the “LOCAT:” to “MASTER” and then press EXIT.
- Use the Cursor buttons and data dial to set “PATCH” to “P14 PS:+10CT” and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to “MOD” and then press ENTER.
- Use the Cursor buttons and data dial to set “MODE” to “FAST”.
- Press PLAY to hear the recording.
- Use the Cursor buttons and data dial to make the following settings while your song is playing back:
PITCH: Set to desired level. This setting adjusts the amount of pitch shift (the amount of interval) in semitone steps.
FINE: Set to desired level. This setting makes fine adjustments to the interval. The amount of the change in the “FINE: 100” is equivalent to that of a “PITCH: 1”.
Note: Do not make changes to any other parameters on this page.
- Press EXIT three times.
Recording the Pitch Shift
Cursor to "MASTERING," and then press ENTER.
Turn the dial clockwise to set MASTERING to the ON position.
Press EXIT twice to return to the main screen. The display shows the track(s) to which you'll be mastering underneath the word "MASTERING." By default, “TR78-VMST” is displayed for the stereo virtual mastering track belonging to Tracks 7 and 8.
Press the ZERO button to return to the beginning of your song.
Press RECORD, and then press PLAY.
When the song has finished playing, press STOP. A "PREVIEW" window will appear.
Press PLAY to hear your mastered (mixdown) track. A stereo mix of your song has now been recorded onto TR78-VMST.
- Press EXIT twice to return to the main screen.