The VS-2000CD allows you to export the current project so that it can be played in other VS recorders including:
Note: The VS-2000CD cannot export a project directly to the VS-840’s data format. You can export a project as VS-880 data, and use the VS-840’s Song Convert feature to load the data.
When you export a song to another V-Studio, the VS-2000CD converts it into a project format of the other V-Studio. You can export backed-up song data to a CD. After the other V-Studio recovers the song, it’s loaded as the current project. The following steps will guide you through this procedure.
- Load the desired project into the VS-2000CD.
- Hold down SHIFT and press F1.
- If “EXPORT” isn’t visible above F4, press PAGE until it is.
- Press F4 (EXPORT). The PROJECT EXPORT screen appears.
- Set the Verify to ON and CD Speed to MAX
- Set the Save As parameter to select the type of V-Studio data the VS-2000 will export to.
- Set the Export Track parameter to the VS-2000CD tracks that you would like to export to the other model V-Studio.
- Press F5 (OK). The VS-2000 asks if you want to save any recent changes you’ve made to the current project before proceeding.
- Press ENTER/YES to save any recent changes.
- After the backup has completed, you can then use the Recover function in your other model V-Studio to load this backup into the unit.
- If a project is too large to fit on the medium you’re using, the VS-2000CD asks you for additional media as needed. Insert the requested media and press ENTER/YES.
- During a multi-CD export operation, the VS-2000CD asks for each disk twice: once to label the disk, and once to actually write data on the disk.