If a CD that you burned on the CD-2i will not play in your CD player, the CD disc may not have been finalized. Finalization is the process of writing final information (the number of songs that are on the disc, the song numbers, track playback times, etc.) to a CD-R/RW disc. When you “finalize” a CD-R/RW disc that was written (burned) by the CD-2i, that disc will be playable as a music CD in another CD player.
- Insert the CD-R/RW disc that you want to finalize.
- Press the EJECT button. A message will appear with "Finalize. Are You Sure?"
- Press the ENTER button.
Note: If you are not prompted to finalize the disc at this time, you may the follow the steps below:
- Press the CD button under MODE.
- With the un-finalized disk inserted, press the EASY GUIDE button.
- CURSOR to "3. Write (SD->CD)" and then press ENTER. "Finalize. Are You Sure?" will appear on the screen.
- Press ENTER.
Your CD will now be playable in a CD player.