Setting the Trigger Type for a Pad.
In any V-Drum module, it's best to set the appropriate Trigger Type for the model of pad being used. For example, if you have a Roland PD-80R connected to the snare input on the TD-6, you want to make sure that a "PD80R" setting is assigned to that trigger input. This will optimize the function and response of the pad. Use the following steps to set the Trigger Type for a pad:
1. Hold SHIFT and press EDIT/SETUP.
2. Press the right CURSOR to select "TRIG BASIC."
3. Press ENTER.
4. Hit the Pad to be set.
Note: If "NOTE CHASE" is set to Off in the TD-6, hitting each pad will not change the trigger input number in the display. You can select a trigger input without hitting a pad by holding SHIFT and pressing the Left(<) or Right(>) CURSOR buttons.
5. Press the + or - button to select the Trigger Type.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads if desired.
7. Press KIT when you're finished. The settings are stored automatically.
NOTE: This is a global setting that will apply to all TD-6/V drum kits and will be retained in internal memory (unless a factory reset is performed).