It is possible to turn off all the "arranger" parts of the BK-9 and use it as a "drum machine" only using the TRACK MUTE button. Use the following procedure to turn off all the arranger parts (except the drum part) and save this setting in the GLOBAL memory:
1. Press MENU so it is lit.
2. Turn the VALUE DIAL to underline "Global" and then press the DIAL to display the "Global" menu.
3. Turn the DIAL to underline "Rhythm/SMF TrackMute" and then press the DIAL to display the "Rhythm Track Mute" menu.
NOTE: You should see a column of 8 Rhythm Parts (Adrm, Abas, Acc1, Acc2, Acc3, Acc4, Acc5, Acc6) and next to each part there may be a 'm' which indicates that part will be muted when you press the TRACK MUTE button.
4. Use the DIAL to set the "m" for each part except Adrm.
5. Press the flashing EXIT button one time.
6. Turn the DIAL clockwise to underline "SaveGlobal" and press the DIAL to display the "SaveGlobal" menu.
8. Turn the DIAL to highlight "YES" and then press the DIAL to display "Executing."
NOTE: When the "SaveGlobal" function is finished, "OK, Write complete" will be displayed.
9. Press EXIT several times to return to the main display.
10. Press the TRACK MUTE button to mute all the arranger parts so that only the drums will play.
NOTE: The BK-9 will remember these settings even if the unit is turned off. From now on, you will only need to press the TRACK MUTE button to silence all the instrument parts except the drums.