VSR-880: Initializing the hard drive.
As a part of regular drive maintenance you will want to initialize your hard drive. Initializing or "formatting" the hard drive will not only erase everything on the drive but it will also restore a drive to an "unfragmented " condition. To initialize the hard drive on a VSR-880 use the following procedure:
1) While holding down SHIFT,press SYSTEM.
2) PARAMETER to "Drive Initialize?"
3) Press ENT/Yes
4) Use the TIME/VALUE wheel to select the internal IDE drive or select SCSI for an external removable or external hard drive.
5) PARAMETER to the right to "Physical Fmt="
6) Turn the TIME/VALUE wheel to select "On"
7) Press ENT/Yes three times.