TD-9SX, TD-9S, TD-9: Adjusting Crosstalk Cancel (XTALK)
When two or more pads are mounted to the same stand, hitting one pad may trigger the sound from another pad unintentionally. This is referred to as "Crosstalk." Increasing the Crosstalk Cancel (X-TALK CANCEL) value for a pad can help reduce the possibility of crosstalk.
Use the following procedure to adjust the Crosstalk Cancel
for a pad in the TD-9:
1. Press SETUP.
2. Press F1[TRIG].
3. Press F3[ADVANCE].
4. Press CURSOR down to "Xtalk Cancel."
5. Hit the pad that's being inadvertently triggered by another. For example, if you hit one of the tom pads and it triggers one of the crash pads, you'll want to increase the X-TALK CANCEL for the CRASH pad.
6. Turn the VALUE dial to adjust the XTALK cancel as desired (0-80).
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining pads as necessary.
8. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.
Important note: Using higher values of X-talk cancel can occasionally produce trigger problems for a pad. If this occurs, lower the X-TALK value for the pad.