The following procedure will guide you through recording with one microphone on the BR-800. This is useful if you are recording the vocals of a song.
- Lower the MASTER fader.
- Connect your microphone into input 4 on the back panel of the BR-800.
NOTE: If you are using a condenser microphone that requires Phantom Power (48 volts), you will need to connect to the XLR input on the back panel and not the 1/4" input.
- Press MENU.
- Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select “INPUT SELECT”and then press ENTER.
- Use the Cursor arrow buttons and the data dial to make the following settings on the screen:
INPUT : INPUT 4
MODE : MONO REC
- Press EXIT twice.
- If you are using a microphone that does NOT require Phantom Power (48 volts), skip to step 8 below.
If you are using a condenser microphone, turn on the Phantom Power:
a. Press MENU.
b. Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select “SYSTEM”and then press ENTER.
c. Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select "PHANTOM POWER" and then use the data dial to set the function to "ON":
d. Press EXIT twice.
- Adjust the INPUT SENS knobs for input 4 so that the red PEAK indicator lights briefly at the loudest sounds.
- Turn the REC LEVEL knob to the 12 o’clock position, and then slowly raise the MASTER fader.
- Press one of the mono track REC buttons (i.e. track 1, 2, 3, 4) to select the track on which recording will occur. Be sure that the selected button is lit solid red and not blinking.
- Press REC and then press PLAY. Recording will begin.
- Press STOP to end recording.