DR-550, DR-550MKII: Creating a Pattern in Realtime
As is the case with most drum machines, the Boss DR-550/MKII allows patterns to be recorded in realtime by playing the pads along with a metronome. Use the
following procedure to record patterns in realtime:
1. Hold SHIFT and press PAD 6 [PATTERN EDIT].
2. Use the numeric pads to select the desired pattern.
3. Hold SHIFT and press numeric pad 3 [CLEAR] and ACC [ENTER]. This will clear the pattern and erase any pattern that may previously exist.
4. Press START.
5. Play the pads along with the metronome.
6. When finished recording, press STOP/CONT.