The FA-06/08 can connect to an Apple iOS device via USB using the Apple Camera Connector Kit (or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter newer iOS models with the lightning connector). Use the following procedure to set up this connection:
Set the USB Driver in the FA-06/08 to "Generic."
1. Press MENU.
2. Cursor to "System" and press ENTER.
3. Use the </> buttons to select the "General" tab at the top of the screen.
4. Cursor to "USB Mode" and use the dial to select "GENERIC (MIDI only)."
5. Press the #6 button under the screen (WRITE) to confirm the setting.
6. Power off, then back on the FA-06/08.
Connect to the iOS Device
1. Connect the USB cable from the USB COMPUTER (square) connector on the back panel of the FA-06/08 to the Apple Camera Connector Kit, which connects directly to the iPad.
This will allow you to use the FA-06/08 with any iOS applications that can connect to a MIDI device - such as the Roland Sound Canvas for iOS application.