VS-880: Using the Aux Sends for Additional Outputs
Sometimes it is necessary to send tracks out of the VS-880 to an external mixer or another recording device. In these situations you may want to separate certain tracks from the Mix outputs. This can be done by assigning those tracks to the aux send and removing them from the mix output.
In this example we will assign tracks 3 and 4 to the aux send outputs and take them out of the mix outputs. We will assume that your VS-880 is in INPUT-TRACK mode and is set-up for a traditional mixing session, with all the tracks assigned to the Mix outputs.
1. Connect the AUX SEND and MASTER outputs to four separate inputs on your mixer or multitrack recorder.
2. Hold SHIFT and press CH EDIT/AUX SEND 6. The display will read "Aux sw = ".
3. Press CH EDIT 3 and use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "PstFade".
4. Press CH EDIT 4 and use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "PstFade".
5. Turn the AUX SEND knob all the way to the right and then back to 0dB.
6. Press PARAMETER RIGHT until "AUX Pan=" is displayed. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to set the CH4 AUX pan to "R63".
7. Press CH EDIT 3 and use the TIME/VALUE dial to set CH3 AUX pan to "L63".
8. Press PARAMETER LEFT until "MIX Sw=" is displayed. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "CH3 MIX Sw = Off".
9. Press CH EDIT 4 and use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "CH4 MIX Sw=Off".
10. Press PLAY. Use the channel 3 & 4 faders to control the signal level sent to the AUX SEND. The AUX SEND knob will control the master level for all tracks assigned to the AUX BUSS.