SPD-SX: Assigning Waves to Pads
A sample in the SPD-SX is referred to as a “wave.” There are 210 waves built in. Here’s how to assign them to pads.
1. Select a kit to edit.
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Use the cursor arrow buttons to select PAD, and then press ENTER.
4. Press 5 to select WAVE.
5. Hit the pad you’d like to assign a wave to.
6. Press + or – to select the desired wave.
Tip: To scroll through waves quickly, hold down PAD CHECK•SHIFT while pressing + or – .
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the remaining pads.
8. Press EXIT twice when you’re finished—your new wave assignments are automatically saved in the kit.