RMP-12: Assigning an Instrument to the Head or Rim
The RMP-12 has 128 instruments that can be assigned to either the head or the rim of the pad. Follow these steps to assign the instruments, and then save them to one of the four memory locations:
1. Press one of the 1-4 buttons to choose a memory location to edit.
2. Press the INST button.
3. Hit the head portion of the pad - "HEAD" appears in the upper left of the display.
4. Press the ENTER button.
5. Turn the -/+ knob to select the desired instrument.
6. Hit the rim of the pad - "RIM" appears in the right side of the display.
7. Turn the -/+ knob to select the desired instrument for the rim.
8. When you're finished, press INST. The new assignments are saved automatically to the memory location that you chose in Step 1.