The A-30 can transmit on up to two MIDI channels (Upper and/or Lower). The Keyboard Mode buttons are used to choose the active zones. Use the following procedure to set the MIDI channel for each zone:
1. Press PATCH so it is not lit.
2. Press EDIT UPPER so it is lit.
3. Press the MIDI/PARAM button.
4. Type the desired MIDI channel value using the buttons numbered 1 thru 0 (for example, 1 then 5 for 15).
5. Press ENTER.
6. Press EDIT LOWER so it is lit.
7. Press the MIDI/PARAM button.
8. Type the desired MIDI channel value using the buttons numbered 1 thru 0 (for example, 1 then 5 for 15).
9. Press ENTER.
Note: The LOWER and UPPER zones can not be set to the same MIDI channel. The UPPER zone for most preset patches is assigned to MIDI channel 1 and LOWER zone is assigned to MIDI channel 2. The MIDI/PARAM button will flash if the same channel is chosen for each ZONE. If you want to split the keyboard, press the UPPER and LOWER KYBD buttons so they are both lit.