R-70: Using the Performance Sections via MIDI
Individual instruments can be triggered at various pitches from an external
MIDI keyboard by assigning a sound to one of the four Performance Sections of
the R-70. You may find this helpful when, for example, triggering a bass guitar
sound from the R-70 via MIDI.
To do this, you must assign the desired sound to 1 of 4 Performances.
1) Press MIDI followed by 4. If "PFM 1" is not displayed, press NO/EXIT twice
followed by MIDI and 4.
2) Cursor to [PFM#] and use the VALUE SLIDER to select the desired
3) Press the RIGHT CURSOR button to move to the bottom of the screen and press
CURSOR LEFT so that "Rx Ch =" is displayed.
4) Use the VALUE SLIDER to select the desired MIDI channel.
5) Press the RIGHT CURSOR button.
6) Press the pad of the Instrument you wish to assign to this Performance
Next, you will need to set the MIDI receive channel of the Performance Section
to match the MIDI transmit channel of your keyboard.
1) Press MIDI followed by 4. If do not have the option to select "1" on the
screen, press NO/EXIT twice followed by MIDI and 4.
2) Use the CURSOR buttons to select [PFM] and the VALUE SLIDER to select the
desired Performance Section.
3) CURSOR to the bottom left hand portion of the screen and use the UP and DOWN
arrows to select "Rx Ch."
4) Press the RIGHT CURSOR button and use the VALUE SLIDER to select the desired
You should now be able to trigger the sound assigned to the Performance Section
from your external MIDI keyboard.