The Assign Hold feature in the GR-55 specifies whether the current on-board EXP pedal and GK Volume settings will be applied to the next selected patch. When it's set to "On," the settings are applied to the next selected patch. When it's set to Off, they are not applied.
Here's how to turn the switch on or off.
1. Press EDIT.
2. Press the PAGE right button until you select the "SYSTEM" tab.
3. Press the cursor left /right buttons (or turn the dial) to select the PEDAL GK /CTRL icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Press PAGE right repeatedly to choose the "HLD" tab.
5. Turn the dial to choose the desired setting - ON or OFF.
6. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.