The following article will guide you through syncing the VS-1680 to the VS-2400CD as well as passing digital audio from the VS-1680 into the VS-2400CD. This is useful if you would like to integrate two VS systems together or transfer tracks from an older VS system (e.g. VS-1680) into a new VS system (e.g. VS-2400CD).
Note: These instructions are no different for the VS-1680, VS-1880, or VS-1824.
- Connect the MIDI OUT jack of the VS-2400CD to the MIDI IN jack of the VS-1680.
- Connect the MIDI OUT jack of the VS-1680 to the MIDI IN jack of the VS-2400CD.
- Connect DIGITAL OUT jack of the VS-1680 to the DIGITAL IN (Coaxial or Optical) jack on the VS-2400CD. NOTE: Make sure that both the VS-1680 and VS-2400CD are powered on and that the current song’s sampling rate (48kHz, 44.1kHz, or 32kHz) is the same on both units.
Note: Use the CURSOR arrow buttons to move the cursor and then use the TIME/VALUE dial to change a setting in the following VS-2400CD and VS-1680 procedures.
- Press and hold SHIFT and then press F4/UTILITY button.
- Press PAGE to display MIDI over F5. Press F5/MIDI.
- Set "MIDI THRU" to "OUT".
- Set "SysEx. Tx Sw" to select "ON".
- Set "MMC" to "MASTER".
- Press F6/EXIT.
- Press F6/SYNC.
- Set "SYNC MODE" to "EXT".
- Set "EXT SYNC SOURCE" to "MIDI IN".
- Set "Frame Rate" to "30".
- Press F6 to EXIT.
- Press PAGE to display “PROJ” over F3. Press F3/Proj.
- Select either OPTICAL IN or COAXIAL IN--depending on which type of digital input you are using. "DIGITAL IN LOCK!" will be displayed briefly.
- Press DISPLAY/HOME.
- Press EZ-ROUTING/PATCH BAY.
- Press F1 to VIEW and route the COAX or OPT input to INPUT MIXER 13/14. This will route the master outputs of the VS-1680 to INPUT MIXER 13/14 of the VS-2400CD.
- Press IN 13-16 and raise faders 13 and 14 to the “0” position.
- Hold SHIFT and press F5 for the SYSTEM menu.
- Press F4/MIDI. If MIDI is not displayed above F4, press the PAGE button a few times.
- Set "MIDI THRU" to "OUT" with the Time/Value dial.
- Set "MMC" to "SLAVE" with the Time/Value dial.
- Press F6[EXIT], then F6 again to go into the SYNC parameter page.
- Set "SYNC SOURCE" to "INT" with the Time/Value dial.
- Set "SYNC Gen." to "MTC" with the Time/Value dial.
- Set "SYNC MTC TYPE" to "30" with the Time/Value dial. When you press PLAY on the VS-2400CD, both units will start playing.
Note: The VS-1680’s Master output is now setup to be input into the VS-2400CD’s Inputs Channels 13 and 14.