SPD-20: Assigning MIDI Note Numbers for the Trigger Inputs
By default, the note numbers for the trigger inputs on the SPD-20 are set to "off."
Use the following steps to assign a desired note number for the trigger inputs:
1. Choose a Patch to edit.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Press the SELECT button so the LED is lit under "MIDI."
4. Press the CURSOR up or down button so the led is flashing next to "LEVEL" (NOTE #).
5. Hit the external Pad / Kick trigger.
6. Press the VALUE up or down button to choose the desired note #.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining external pads if desired.
7. Press EDIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.
8. Repeat Steps 1-6 for any other Patches if desired.