The Assign section in the RC-300 lets you control various parameters from various sources in a memory location. For example, you can control the Rhythm Guide or Reverb level with the EXP pedal, or use an external footswitch to activate the Reverse function for one of the Tracks. There are 8 assignments available per-Memory location.
When setting up an Assign, you set the "Target" to the function that you want to control - (i.e. Reverb Level), and set the Source to the pedal that you want to use to control it (EXP pedal). In this example, we'll setup an Assign so that the on-board EXP pedal (EXP 1) is controlling the overall Memory Level.
1. Turn the MEMORY/VALUE knob to choose an initialized memory location to edit (INIT MEMORY/EMPTY).
2. Press the MEMORY EDIT button twice to select the "Assign1 Switch" page.
3. If necessary, turn the MEMORY/VALUE knob to choose "ON." This turns on the Assign 1 switch.
4. Press parameter right (>) once to select "Assign1 Target."
5. Turn the MEMORY/VALUE knob to choose "MEM Level" for the Target.
6. Press parameter right (>) 3 times to select "Assign1 Source."
7. Turn the MEMORY/VALUE knob to choose "EXP1 PEDAL" for the Source.
8. Press parameter right (>) once to choose "Src Mode."
9. Turn the MEMORY/VALUE knob to choose "MOMENT" for the Source Mode.
10. Press MEMORY EDIT twice to select the Memory Level page.
11. Move/rock the EXP pedal forward and back and notice that the Memory Level is now being controlled (0-200).
12. If you'd like to save this new Assignment to the Memory, press WRITE twice.
Tip: You can use these same steps to setup an Assignment to control other parameters using different control Sources. Simply set the Target to what you want to control (Step 5), and set the Source to the pedal that you want to use as the controller (Step 7) (EXP 1, CTL 1,. CTL 2, EXP 2, etc.)