DR-5: Creating a Song
In the DR-5, preset and/or user patterns are "linked" together to create a song. Use the following steps to create a song in the DR-5:
1. Hold the SHIFT/ERASE button and press SONG.
2. Turn the VALUE dial to select an unused song.
3. Press the REAL/STEP (red) button twice.
4. Press the CURSOR right button once so that the pattern number value is flashing.
5. Turn the VALUE dial to select the desired pattern that you want to be first for your song.
6. Press ENTER.
7. Turn the VALUE dial to select the pattern number you want for the next step of your song and then press ENTER. If you want the same pattern to play again, don't turn the VALUE dial and just press ENTER to get to the next step.
8. Repeat step 6 until you've entered all the patterns for your song.
9. When you're finished, press REAL/STEP.
10. Press PLAY to hear your new song.