MC-808: Slaving the MC-808 to External MIDI Clock
1. Connect the MIDI OUT of your external device to the MIDI IN of the SP-808. Make sure your external device is set to transmit MIDI clock.
2. On the SP-808, press [SYSTEM].
3. While holding [SHIFT], press Pad 2 (SEQUENCER). The screen will read "SYSTEM: SEQUENCER Sync Mode: MASTER".
4. Use the VALUE dial to select "SLAVE". The BPM indicator will display "- - -.-".
5. Press [WRITE].
6. Press play on your external device. The MC-808 will automatically start and play at the same tempo.