When selecting Kits in the SPD-SX, Program Change (PC) messages can be transmitted via MIDI. The Kits can also be selected by receiving PC messages from an external MIDI device.
For this function to work, the "PC TX/RX" switch must be set to "ON" in the SPD-SX. Here's how to access it:
1. Press MENU.
2. Cursor to highlight the SETUP icon, and then press ENTER.
3. Use the cursor up/down buttons to select "MIDI," and then press ENTER.
4. Cursor to highlight "PC TX/RX."
5. Press the + or - button to choose ON or OFF.
6. Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.