From the factory, the TD-30's pads are transmitting on MIDI channel 10, however you can assign any MIDI channel to any pad - or portion of a pad (head/rim). This can be convenient for MIDI sequencing or when triggering sounds in an external multitimbral sound module. Here's how to assign a specific MIDI channel to a pad.
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press the INST button so it's lit.
3. Press F3 (CONTROL).
4. Press F5 (MIDI).
5. Press the cursor up or down button to highlight the Tx Channel field.
6. Hit the pad - or portion of the pad (head/rim) - that you'd like to set the MIDI channel for.
7. Turn the dial to choose the MIDI channel.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for any remaining pads.
9. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.