Understanding Your VS: Input Mixer vs. Track Mixer

Tags: vs-2400,vs-2480,vs-2000,vs-1680,vs-1880,vs-1824cd,mixer,faders
Input Mixer vs. Track Mixer

Each VS recorder contains two mixers: an input mixer and a track mixer. Both can work independently, or work as a team. When performing a normal recording, you’re utilizing both the input mixer and the track mixer. The input mixer uses your input connections to capture the audio and route it to the recorder and various busses. The track mixer is used to control the playback of the audio and route the signal to the various busses.

When using the faders on the VS-1680, VS-1880, VS-2400 and the VS-2480, you can switch which mixer the faders respond to:

IN- Input Mixer
TR- Track Mixer