D-50: Initializing the D-50 - Restoring the Factory Settings
Original factory data must be loaded in via MIDI or a Card. There is a memory clearing function that may stop any unusual problems occurring in the unit. Use the following procedure to clear the memory:
1) Power on while holding down the DATA TRANSFER and 0 buttons.
Use the following procedure to reload the Factory Settings from a sequencer or librarian program:
1) Press the TUNE/FUNCTION button.
2) Select Protect by pushing the button labeled TONE BALANCE.
3) Use the joystick to change PROTECT to OFF.
4) Press and HOLD the DATA TRANSFER button and while holding the button select [B.Load].
5) Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and press ENTER.
6) Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and send the bulk dump from your external unit.
7) Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button until the screen says [Complete].
Normally the D-50 is looking for a "handshake" command in order to dump or load its exclusive messages. This is not a problem if you are using two D-50's. However, if you need to do a one-way dump or load using another device, you will have to hold down the DATA TRANSFER button during the entire procedure to override the handshake command. The D-50 must be set to the same MIDI channel for the load and dump procedure. (Press MIDI and use selector buttons).