VS-2000CD: Inserting an Effect in the Track Mixer
There are two types of effects: loop effects and insert effects. Loop effects are time-based effects such as reverbs and delays and utilize the FX buss. Dynamic effects, such as compressors and guitar amp simulators, can be inserted. There are two procedures to add effects: choosing the effect and applying it. Applying it in the track mixer allows effects on tracks that have already been recorded. These effects are not permanently recorded to the applied track unless a bounce to another open track is performed.
Choosing the effect:
1. Hold down the SHIFT button and press the F3[EFFECT] button.
2. Select which processor you want to use. If you only have one effects board in the unit, you will choose between FX1 and FX2.
3. Press F1 to select "Patch".
4. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to highlight the desired effect.
5. Press F5 for "Select" to choose that highlighted effect.
6. Press HOME to return to the main screen.
Applying the effect:
1. Press the CH EDIT button for which track you wish to add the effect. This will take you to the Track Mixer screen for that track.
2. Cursor to the FX INS box and press ENTER[YES].
3. Cursor to the processor you assigned the effect to, for instance, FX1 or FX2.
4. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to change the processor from "OFF" to "INS".
5. Press the HOME button to return to the main screen.